Thursday 7 December 2017

Steampunk Canvas for Scrap FX DT

Hi there, today I am up on the Scrap FX blog to share a canvas I created using the awesome steampunk chipboard that is available at Scrap FX.




I began by using modelling paste and a couple of stencils randomly around the canvas in the areas I knew I wouldnt be placing the chipboard.  I also glued down some lace and some hearts that I had made out of silicone molds and chaulking paste.
I then placed the chipboard and embellishments around until I was satisfied and then adhered them with gel medium.

Once all adhered and dried, I sprayed with White Gesso Spray.

At this point it was time to add the colours, building up the layers and removing them from areas as I went.  I started with the blue/greens - I have used Shimmerz Inklings - Me & Blue and Blue my mind.


I then went on and applied the darker colours - again I have used the Shiummerz Inklings - Burnished Buckle, Tarnished Treasure and Penny for your Thoughts as well as the Finn Art Alchemy paints - Metallique Steampump Copper and Ancient Coin Gold.
I have coloured the edges with Distress Ink - Ground Expresso as well as the two Art Alchemy paints.

Final touches include Glass Beads, Micro Beads and Glitter,
I have linked the chipboard used to the Scrap FX store at the bottom of the blog
Here are some close up:







List of Chipboard used:

Thanks for stopping by and until next time - Happy Crafting :)

1 comment :

  1. Oh wow Lynn - this is soooo awesome! Love the colours, the design, everything! xx

    ReplyDelete