Sunday 19 April 2015

SCRAPBOOKING TOP 50 AUSTRALIA ENTRY

Today I would like to share a layout that I completed for the Scrapbooking Top 50 Challenge this month.   You have to use the word "Happy" in the layout and this is my take:


The background paper is from My Minds Eye - Ooh La La . I initially applied gesso to the areas I wants to colour. I have used a Tim Holtz stencil "Splatter" and texture paste.  Once dried, I have used background colours - Shimmerz Paints "Bamboo Leaf", Lindy Stamp Gang "Yellow Roses of Texas" and Heidi Swapp Colour Shine - "Gold".  The gesso in the background created a non porous paper and the colour shine therefore remains tacky.  I have used a sparkle clear embossing powder on these areas.




I have created splatters with black Liquitex Ink and washi Tape

Tim Holtzs metal embellishments and metal figurines.


The corrugated cardboard has been coloured with Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress Ink.  Behind the photo is also fringe ribbon

The title has been embossed with Stampendous embossing powder "Champagne".

The background stamps I used are Hash Tags from Scrap FX and a Gabrielle Pollacco stamp set created for the Scrapbook Diaries.

Thanks for stopping by and until next time "Happy Creating"


4 comments :

  1. Looks really good Lynn. I love all the washi tape and the background is awesome. Its a great colour for a masculine photo. Thanks for sharing. (I would love to know how long you have been blogging I am just getting started and trying to get more followers - any hints?) http://mypumpkindays.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great boys page! I love all the texture in your background. Thanks for playing along with us at SBT50.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning page! All the texture is awesome! thanks so much for playing along at SBT50 this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW WOW WOW!!! I love this!! So much texture and so much to look at!! AMAZING!!! Thanks for playing along at SBT50!

    ReplyDelete