Friday 12 September 2014

SEPTEMBER SCRAPBOOKIT CHALLENGE

I have created this layout for the September Challenge at Scrapbookit.





This was the criteria


Create a layout/project that includes the following:
*Masculine theme
* 4 patterned papers
* Washi Tape
* Twine/ribbon
*At least one hand made embellishment.

The first patterned paper I used was the 12x12 background page.  I have had this for a while now and love it.  It certainly didnt need much around it, or it would spoil the paper.  I used a Crafters Workshop Stencil and Shimmerz Paints Texturez "Teal Me No Lies".  I also added some dot stamp and circle wire stamp using my new Stampendous Stamps.

Three other patterned papers were used behind the photo together with tags from Stationers Desk Collection. These tags hold the required "twine".  Letters are from Tim Holtz ideology collection.  The Chipboard "Hero" was embossed with Stampendous Aged Silver Embossing Enamel.

I made the gears using a Tim Holtz die cut, coloured with distress inks and Dimensional Magic.  The little centres I created with modelling clay and the melt molds.  Coloured them with Silks Acrylic Glaze "emporer's gold" and Liquitex carbon black ink.

Washi Tape I used was one from my stash and another 7 Gypsies.

Here are some close ups:





thanks for stopping by and if you have time, head over to Scrapbookit and have a go at this challenge - it is always nice to scrap our dads :)


3 comments :

  1. Thanks for joining in our challenge at scrapbookit. I love your page, so much texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic page! I love all of the texture and all of the features of your page. Thanks for joining in at Scrapbookit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome page Lynn. Love the back ground and how you have done the word Hero. The cogs have come up perfect. Thanks for joining in at Scrapbookit.

    ReplyDelete