Monday 28 October 2013

SWIRLYDOO OCTOBER SKETCH CHALLENGE

This month sketch challenge over at swirlydoos.com is:




and here is my take;



I used all products from the October kit (which by the way is awesome!).  I gessoed the background to dilute the stripes.  Using a brick stencil and texture paste I placed bricks around the edges which i coloured with distress inks - fired brick, black soot, rusty hinge, and gathered twigs.  Before the ink dried I covered with dimensional magic to highlight but also gave the blended colour effect.

A few close ups:


I painted (or smudged with my fingers!) with Inka Gold - Old Gold.  Fantastic product to work with.  I then added some black gelato - which is a little hard to see in the photos.



This awesome little resin potted tree from Prima has been painted with Ranger Patina paints.

Thanks for looking and dont forget to head over to Swirlydoos and check out all the layouts.


No comments :

Post a Comment