Sunday 3 February 2013

Swirlydoos Ultimate Design Challenge Week 3

This weeks challenge was:

"Create a tag, embellishment, layout, card or altered project using the metal foil technique.

 I began this week creating a layout of my son - this was nearly completed when I had a creative moment and decided to do an Off the Page project.  This is not my general style but I had a ball doing it and think i will do alot more altered projects!

I start off with a hardcover book and folded the pages to get the image of a tree:



I then used the Daisy Cluster stencil from The Crafters Workshop and gesso on the inside covers.  Once dried I covered the top half with flat aluminium foil. The bottom half, i scrunched the foil and rolled it out with a rolling pin and stuck that down.  I used Claudine Hellmuth Multi Medium Matte - i find this product so easy to work with.  Using my embossing tool i highlighted the gesso underneath.  I folded individual pieces of foil to cover each page


As i do not have alcohol inks - and cant seem to buy them in Tasmania - and i am not lucky enough to own Copic Pens, I used enamel spray paint from my DH shed in green and black on the tree.  i sprayed the covers with black and wipes of most, just leaving a tinge -  had to be fast though cos it dries really quickly and once on, impossible to get off!  I then used Viva Precious Metal Colours to the covers to highlight the flowers and indentations on the foil.  The fence was cut from the tim holtz diecut, the bench and mushrooms are chipboard painted and glossy accents applied on top.

The flowers were all cut from either grunge board with ranger foil tape sheets, aluminium foil glue to cardstock or insulation tape stuck to cardstock.  Some were embossed and some were scrunched and rolled out before glueing to the card stock.  All flowers were cut from the Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers die cut and put together with scrapdots 3 dimensional. The large butterly was also foil on cardstock and die cut from memorybox butterfly die cut.



I have attached some close ups:




If you want to see more awesome projects submitted in this challenge head to the swirlydoo website: http://www.swirlydoos.com/gallery/

No comments :

Post a Comment